Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ride a Cowboy, Save a Horse..it's rodeo time, giddyup!

Pink sequence cowboy hat | Mikki WilliamsIt's Rodeo time everyone, Giddyup!

Day 3...me and my pink sequin flashing lights hat do the rodeo and yes, this li'l NY Jewish gal has never been to one in her@#$%^&* years. Soooooo, where do I begin? Now I must admit I was a little skittish as I love animals and I didn't know if I could handle what I might see. The first part were the cowboys riding the bucking bronco's, they get judged by the horse's ability to buck and their staying power, hmmmmm that has other connotations, I digresMikki and Mountiess. It was pretty cool, we had awesome seats and I got lots of great shots. The cowboys are all very young, (yes, even for this cougar:-) you'd have to be young to do what they do, it's brutal, the beating your back and neck must take from that. So I found me some Canadian Mounties, oh how I love a guy in uniform.

We saw novice to professional. Then we watched the gals, ride around three barrels and gallop off, they can't knock any down, it was pretty cool until one gal fell off her horse and the horse fell on her. I was filming and screaming at the same time. She was OK, amazingly.

Then came roping the calves. I did not like how they rope'em then throw them on the ground and tie them up. Although, it was very fast, again for timing but then little guys got right up and pranced off. I told you I love animals. We watched the bull riders and that was tough as Todd kept telling me it was what I was having for dinner that night. I learned the difference between bulls, steers, heifers, I'm an now an enlightened cowgirl:-) We watched the little kids in teams of three try to capture and mount ponies, hard stuff but oh so cute, one team finally did it.

We then walked the grounds, ate food we shouldn't, took more touristy photos for me then went into the livestock area where I got to see piglets nursing, cows, horses, sheep, all very close up. Again not a usual occurrence for this city chick. Home to a nice steak dinner on the barb q and I tried not to thing of any of the animals I saw today. Off to the movie theatre...next to my room. Nite all!

No comments: