Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day Two...me and the Coachwagons, reallllllllllly!!

Day 2: Canadian Adventure

Dressed up in my rhinestone boots, sequin hat, yee haw, gonna find me a cowboy!! What's that country western song, "ride a cowboy, save a horse" LOL
Got up early, worked out in the gym, took a sauna, swam into the grotto for a jacuzzi then enjoyed breakfast with Todd and Barb overlooking the majestic Canadian Rockies. Barb and I spent some time allowing me to enhance the Canadian economy at the local mall. They had already bought my a pink sequin cowboy hat with lights that go on and off (of course) so I just added a cowboy or is it cowgirl belt and purse, I'm ready to hit the festivities. We went out to dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Earl's then off to the Coachwagon races... a definite first. Four horses hitched up to mini covered wagons with their sponsors names on them, four compete at a time around a regular horse racing track. The Stampede grounds look like your typical summer carnival with booths and food and drink and people, lots and lots of people. I love Canadians, they are some of the nicest people on the planet.

We bet on each heat and I lost all eight and had to pay Todd $6.00 US dollars, (he made out well, our exchange rate sucks) I picked my wagons based on their names, of course:-) We had great seats and it reminded me a little of when I watched the Indy races. They had little kids finish off the night with a race, so cute. I was still on east coast time so we stayed to watch the Grandstand show then went back to the mansion, I mean home.

No comments: