Saturday, July 16, 2011

NY'er does the Rodeo, yee haw!

Todd Millar came to my Speakers School years ago and I became his coach and he became my dear friend. Todd has been back to SS and each time our friendship deepened. When talking to him about his home in Calgary, I mentioned that I loved western Canada and had clients and friends in Calgary but was never there to experience the Calgary Stampede...it's on my experience list! That was a year ago, fast forward and I am enjoying a week at the most magnificent home I have ever seen, let alone be a guest of Todd and his adorable wife, Barb and their son, TJ and daughter, Larissa.

I knew Todd had an incredible business bonanza years ago so my expectations were high but to say they were exceeded would be an understatement. I arrived Thursday night from a speaking week in North Carolina and temperatures of 105, oh very bad hair days. I flew through Dallas and picked up some Cowboy Chocolates for my hosts. TJ and Todd picked me up at the airport and drove me to Chez Millar. It was dark so I couldn't see much that night and was taken to the Polynesian Room which would be my home for the next week. I did get a mini tour of the downstairs wing I was staying in and that included the beauty salon with tanning bed, the complete fitness center and I mean complete, the movie theater, the putting green, the tennis courts aka ice rink (Todd is a hockey maniac) the wine room, the sauna/steam room AND the salt water indoor pool with a fresh water grotto with a separate jacuzzi (Hugh Hefner, eat your heart out) OMG! Stay tuned...

No comments: