Friday, July 15, 2011

How To Be You-Nique!

You don't have to be outrageous to be You-nique (but it's helped me!).


No, I did not write "Dress for Success," I wrote "Dress for Excess" (not really, but I should!), so that gives me the right to tell you that the way you look can make you stand out in the crowd.

Do you want people to remember you? It could be as simple as the ties you choose, the pin on your lapel, the button with your signature quote, the favorite color you wear, the style of your hair (hmmm...who would do that?) or, take a hint (not a copy) from these highly distinguishable speaking pros: Rosita's flowers, Fripp's hats, Larry Winget's glasses, Sheila Murray Bethel's white suits, yours truly's jewelry and clothes and hair and ...need I go on?

"We are all born unique, we just die as copies." I don't know who first uttered those words but I do know they are my credo. That is probably why I have been asked to write on this topic for the umpteenth time and willingly obliged. Why? Because I am passionate about making speakers understand the secret of success; the secret to standing out in a sea of speakers, in an industry that runs rampant with those who don't understand that most obvious answer to that question.

If you want a more in-depth look on how to stand out in a sea of copies, here is another article I wrote, How To Be You-nique!

1 comment:

Globalmind said...

So true. Being normal is too casual these days!