Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Canada Rocks

My Canadian Adventure!

I love Canadians, always have... which is why I have owned a private vacation membership here for over a decade. They are polite, easy going, life loving, make no waves kinda' folk and my friends, Barb and Todd are the creme de la creme.

It's been an amazing week, not just the Stampede but the whole kit and caboodle (what is a kit and caboodle anyway?) After the Stampede, my illustrious hosts had a post Stampede soiree on Sunday. Barb outdid herself with food and ambience and Todd was the most gracious host tending to the booze, the kids, the grounds and all else. Friends brought their kids to swim in the pool, now realllllllllly, who wouldn't want to swim in this. At night, we relaxed in the home movie
theater and Barb and I watched our favorite movie, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Todd sat through it for awhile and then decided he'd rather put bamboo iCanadian Scenery | Mikki Williamsn his fingernails, lol.

Monday was spent on a drive uCanada - Banff | Mikki Williamsp to Banff and lunch at the castle aka Banff Spring Resort, one of my top five favorite places in the world. Put THAT on your experience list!!! The first time I went I cried over the scenery. The Canadian Rockies are the most majestic mountains, they just take your breath away and the drive up there is spectacular.

We had lunch at the hotel on the terrace overlooking the mountains. Vince Vaughan was there with his new wife and family and yes, I took a photo with him but saving that for the eziCanadian Mountainne. What? You don't get the ezine? Well then, sign up now on the home page of www.mikkiwilliams.com

I digress.

After lunch on the terrace overlooking the Rockies on a gorgeous summer day then a ride to the Minnewanka Loop and more breathtaking scenery as we drove around letting me play tourist and take pictures. Back to Calgary and dinner at Murrietta's with good friend and now President of TEC Canada aka Vistage in the US, Catherine Osler. Packing now to leave for Toronto where I will be speaking for the 4th largest insurance company in Canada then back to the states to speak for a large accounting association and my Vistage meeting, whew, what a glorious week!

Oh, yes, a mountain goat shedding itCanadian Goat Sheddings fur for the summer, many of them just walking along the side of the road. Hey, c'mon, this is a big deal for a city chick:-)

No comments: