Make it. Then invite me over!
Christmas Cheesecake with English Toffee Filling
Makes 12 servings
Prepare this cake a day ahead.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 5 ounces graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits (such as Skor)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered English toffee (such as Skor or Heath bars), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 16-ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted candies (such as gumdrops and holiday M&M’s)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add butter; stir until moist clumps form. Press mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Bake crust until just set, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in both extracts. Pour half of mixture into prepared crust; sprinkle with toffee pieces. Pour remaining mixture over. Bake until edges are puffed but center is barely set, about 55 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare topping:
Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Pour topping over hot cheesecake. Bake cake until topping is just set, about 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool 10 minutes. Run knife between cake and pan sides. Chill cake uncovered overnight.
Remove pan sides and place cake on platter. Garnish top with candies.