Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bluebird, Hummingbird... SNOWBIRD!

So much has happened since I was last here but the biggie is that I am now a new homeowner in FL, right outside Naples in Bonita Springs. I now own what is called a coach house in a community that is oh so fabulous. BUT...I had the second panic attack of my life. I remember the first because I was in Paris, arrived at dusk, dashed out of my hotel to walk the Champs Elysees, got to the corner and panic set in...OMG, I'm a single gal, in a foreign country, I don't speak the language, I don't read maps, I ran back to my hotel room and cried and vowed not to leave the room for a week. As is my MO, I got up the next day with a vengeance and attacked the week and what a fabulous week it was.

So...here I am in Naples at the closing, it's getting dark out and now I have to drive a half hour (I haven't driven in 8 years) on a road that is not lit, in an area I don't know and realize I probably need distance glasses...panic starting to settle in. Then I get to my new development and get lost trying to find my condo till two great guys came to rescue the damsel in distress. Wait, there's more, now I am standing alone in my big empty home, having buyer's remorse and manifesting the biggest panic attack I can conjure up. I did a damn good job. Well, the next morning you know what I did, yes, voraciously. I went to Super Target and if you know me, that alone is worth documenting. Bought the staples, drove to Coconut Point, a great mall, then registered at my clubhouse, even went out to the bar, dinner and concert on the lawn, made new friends and started to exhale.

OK, so now...I'm a snowbird and loving it:-)

No comments: