Friday, January 23, 2009

Hot Dogs and Tahiti

That's a heck of a combo but it started with the monthly hot dog night this week, Kathy, Deb and I hit #2 on our list. Well, we kinda had a detour, it was my turn to pick and pick I did. My favorite place, The Wiener's Circle...alas alack, it was closed, shut down by health dept, not for bad stuff but never the less, not set to reopen that night. A real dilemma! We were already salivating for our next dog but geographically challenged by the time and circumstances so we quickly opted for the closest which turned about to be American Dogs or something like that. I had the NY dog, of course. We were not impressed with the dogs or fries which is probably why I can't remember the exact name.

Anyway, now I am on the Crystal Serenity, the world's best cruise line, not 5 stars but 6 stars, will be on this for almost two weeks with a friend and it's like a floating Ritz Carlton. This is my second invite and it is just THE best, once you've done Crystal, it's difficult to imagine anything else. We left Los Angeles on Wed, sailed today and will stop in Cabo San Lucas tomorrow.

To say I am exhaling is a complete understatement. I love cruising, do at least one a year and have been for decades. I started as a dancer on cruise ships, then a fitness instructor and for the past 20 odd years, a guest lecturer in their enrichment programs. I have been on more cruise lines that I can even attempt to mention. It is a wonderful way to travel and I find it so relaxing and rejuvenating. The only challenge is you go on as a passenger and come home as cargo but I've learned not to hit the buffets. Come cruise with me till Feb, I'll keep you posted, stay tuned.

No comments: