Monday, December 15, 2008

Carpe Christmas, Carpe Chanukah, Carpe Festivus!

I know, I know, where have I been? I've been in Calgary where i was below freezing, the home for a day of balmy Chicago to a day of more freezing and now ensconced in hotel room in Baton Rouge where it's 72. OK, enough of the weather report, I've been so darn busy trying to navigate the rocky waters of buying that second home. We've killed many trees with all the paperwork I have been subjected to. I hope it will all be worth it when I'm staring at the lake from my new condo..details after closing on the 30th.

On a brighter note, went to a fab' party at Rex Grossman's (yes, da Bears) apt in Trump Tower and I don't know what was better the apt, the view, the food, the view, the libations, the view, the band, the view, the people watching, the view...I think you got it. Saw lots of ol' friends, many EO members who had heard me speak (Young Entrepreneurs Organization) my dentist, a former member of my Vistage group and a long lost friend.

This is my last speech for '08 and I'm so looking forward to coming home tomorrow, attending my two Vistage meetings and parties this week then welcoming THE son (as my darling Jason is called) to spend the holidays with his mama, that would be me. I love the holidays...friends, cooking, presents, goodwill, I am always so happy at this time. OK, joyous, I'm always happy. Stay tuned!

No comments: