Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bark for Barack

No, that is not a new Presidential slogan, it's the T-shirt my son Jason gave to my dog, Brat at holiday time. Well today, I am barking..., bragging, boo hooing, beaming and just plain bowled over. I was glued to the TV from 8am till bedtime, trying to pack for my cruise to Tahiti tomorrow and more excited about America today than Tahiti tomorrow. OK, OK, I was born on July 4th, I am the queen of patriotism but today, ah today, today belonged to us all, every color, creed, age, just everyone. I have never felt more optimistic, inspired, proud to be an American than I did today. It wasn't just the pomp and circumstance which was breathtaking in it's own right. It was the man himself that just makes me smile and cry at the same time. I am hopeful, I do believe we can and I do believe in Barack. Heck, I might even bark:-) Stay tuned!

No comments: