Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where is the "white space"

The white space in my email inbox? The white space on my calendar? Where is it? I have that disease that puts you in another state to suffer...you know the one, the overscheduling disease that puts you in the "state of overwhelm". I'm not complaining, I own it. I am rethinking it. Yes, I do speak on life balance and yes I do that as I write from my pleasure trip to Vegas, with two days home then a two week cruise to Tahiti, yes, I do have balance...I just don't have white space.

500 emails, now realllllllly! Do I just know too many people? Is my system wrong? Are their email consultants out there? Where are you? Help me find my "white space". My calendar, well that's another story, yes, lots of work but somewhere in my manic world is the compulsion to fill every hour with the plethora of friends I have collected all over the world. Oh, I'm free for two hours after I fly 6, before I get up and speak for 3, to squeeze in a meal with someone who wouldn't even know I was there if I didn't overtly tell them. Now what's wrong with that picture?

I need more "me" time, that's the bottom line. I need white space and I am determined to get it, it's a goal, it's a resolution, it's a promise to myself and gosh darn it (did I really write that?) it's a necessity. So as I look at the white space below me, I am inspired and so I leave you dear reader before I fill that as well. Stay tuned.

No comments: