Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Voyeurism

I guess that's really the only reason I like this holiday is that I love to look at the costumes, the creativity and the complete zaniness of those who do participate. The only memories I have of Halloween is remembering that some people used to "go as ME" which I found flattering ("imitation is the sheerest form of flattery") and funny.

My friend, Michele was in Miami for the International Boat Show so we got together for dinner at Ola in The Sanctuary Hotel for great tapas and the best mojito's. Also in Miami was my friend, Tamilee Webb aka Buns of Steel, from San Diego who you've seen countless times in my ezine. She and her friend, Jeannie were en route to vacation in the Cayman Islands so stayed over in Miami on my last night. They met us at Ola and we walked over to Lincoln Rd, the pedestrian area to watch the Halloween craziness. We didn't have to wait for crazy, I took a major fall on the way there, none of us know why, was I pushed in the massive crowds, was it the 4 inch stiletto's, was it the one mojito? I was not in shape to continue the walk in the heels so we stopped in to a store to buy a pair of flats, imagine that, I was "forced" to buy shoes. We found a purple pair encrusted with big purple rhinestones (what a surprise) and off we went. It was a zoo, reminded me of Greenwich Village, NYC on any typical night. They ate, we drank, we watched, laughed, gossiped, just your typical gals night out...on Halloween!

No comments: