Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Patriotic Pulchritude

OK OK, I'm a wordsmith and love alliteration. Yes, the physical beauty aka pulchritude of our flag, our country, our election process! Why does this emotionally overwhelm me? Because I was born on the 4th of July and I cry at America the Beautiful. I voted early as I knew I would be out of town today as I am still in Texas and I like the actual process as opposed to mailing in an absentee ballot. In between speaking this afternoon, doing my phone coaching in the morning and enhancing the Dallas economy this evening (yes, I shopped, I admit it) but heck, I'm staying at the fabulous Westin Galleria, that's like putting a drug addict loose in a pharmacy, I have been glued to radio and TV.

I don't discuss politics so I will at all costs avoid any particular political bias or favoritism and just say that I am grateful to live in this free democratic society with all its flaws and foibles. Or as the song goes, "I am proud to be an American..."

No comments: