Friday, October 31, 2008

Miami and me!

Broke my "retreat-ness" last night and succombed to my social side and went out with my friend Jeff, a former American Airlines pilot, now a semi retired actor/model. We drove along Collins Ave where all the Art Deco hotels are (I am crazy for Art Deco) then parked at Lincoln Road, the pedestrian area. It's filled with shops and outdoor eateries and tons of people and people watching. All the early Halloween revelers were out and most had their dogs in costume, I missed my Brat, my lovable li'l Llasa.

We stopped for drinks then walked into some art galleries. If you've never seen the colorful photography of Australian wunderkind, Peter Lik, do not hesitate to go to his website http://www.peterlik.com The magnificence of his use of colors took my breath away. Then we visited the sculptural talents of another great artist, whose name escapes me (does that make him an escape artist?) cheesy joke, sorry, couldn't resist:-) before we settled in for some great sushi at The World Resource Center( (strange name for a restaurant). Jeff is off to Italy to pick olives at his friends Villa, what fun and I am off to my last day on the beaches of Miami and one of my most rejuvenating weeks ever. In the course of reading yesterday's book, The Experience Economy I came up with a great idea for a monthly subscription series, stay tuned!

No comments: