Monday, November 3, 2008

Tired in Texas

You know you're doing too much when someone tells you to donate your adrenals to science to study the overabundance of adrenaline that seems to ripple through my over energetic pores. Hmmmm, was that a compliment?

Anyway, here I am in Texas where they love us gals with big hair and big jewelry. Arrived in Houston yesterday for work for a client who monitors weather patterns for international flights (that's a very condensed elevator speech, mine not theirs). Met the 15 guys and 2 gals for dinner then transferred to a meeting room where I conducted two post dinner group inclusion exercises.

Today I spent a full day with them doing Part One of my Whole Life Trilogy, A Balancing Act: Walking the Tightrope of Life and this afternoon I did my DISC profiles program, You've Got Personnel-ity. They were very attentive and quite playful as an audience. Their fabulous CEO Ralph heard me speak at his Vistage meeting and hired me for this retreat. Ralph is a recovering NYawker as well so we had bonded immediately. When you have a bunch of guys together you get some great "badinage" (fabulous word, look it up:-)

Well they wore me out, in a good way and when I got to the airport, I actually paid 5 bucks to luxuriate in a massage chair, that was a first and it was damn good. Now I am the happiest of campers at the Westin Galleria in Dallas. I love Westins, I am indeed their poster child, I love the Galleria, all that great shopping that I have no time to do and I love Dallas for my "sisterhood". As Bugs would say, "that's all folks". Stay tuned.

No comments: