Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sick and the City

OK, OK, I've been MIA but I have good reason or else this is my story and I'm stickin' to it. It was a crazy week, I know they all are but...

I had my CEO meeting Monday, those charming folks changed our normal Thursday meeting to that day just so I could take a great gig in Hawaii. Of course, they thought the meeting would be held there but they agreed to switch despite that disappointment, lol. Flew to Pittsburgh to speak on Wed, flew to NY to have dinner with THE son. Ate at Lever House, great vibe, great decor, lousy food. I like gourmet but I don't like pretentious or too chi chi like duck breast with souffle of foie gras on top of pomegranite seeds, ya da ya da ...I made that up but you get the idea. It wasn't the important part of the night anyway, just being with my handsome loving successful son, Jason was IT!

Stayed at the W Hotel, love the hip atmosphere, OK, I just complained about chi chi and now I love hip. Had breakfast meeting with an agency looking to do creative things with "moi", then to a trichologist, a what??? Always wanted to do that, the world famous Philip Kingsley, they analyze hair and scalp and well, we know how important my hair is!!! Then meeting with media moguls who are also proposing some work together. The universe is calling me this month and I love it. Then train to CT my ol' home of 25 years, very nostalgic whenever the train pulls in to the Westport station. Had lunch with friend and fellow Vistage Chair, Vicki Thomas, off to my best friend, Kathy's salon for the best facial in North America then dinner with Kathy aka Petal. We have been calling each other Petal since the 80's when we took our first cruise together and the hostess from England would greet us every day with a "Good Morning, Petal, are we off to the loo?"

It's always great to be with Petal as we have a 40 year friendship and we always laugh, rehash, gossip, and relish our very special time together. Friday morning spoke in Greenwich then flew home with other people's germs and sure enough Sat. morning I was "sick in the city", would have much preferred sex and the city. Nursed myself with every drug, herb, vitamin, concoction known to mankind to make sure I beat it and would go to Hawaii a healthy camper. I did... Amen!

No comments: