Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Love NY...NOT!!!

OK before I offend all you New Yawkr's, I am a recovering one...born and bred...BUT... I'm here this weekend to do a gig in New Joisey so stayed a night in Manhattan to see "the son". This is why I live in Chicago (my kinda town, thank you, Frank). NY is noisy, dirty, people are unfriendly, things are ridiculously costly...OK, OK, I generalize but here's what set me off. Jason and I stop in for lunch at Oscar's Brasserie, granted it was mid-town, our first mistake but I was short on time and it was opposite my hotel. We participated in the cold salad buffet and I had an ice tea and one refill of my ice tea. Ta Da...the bill. $78.00 friggin' dollars...$9.00 per ice tea, now reallllllllllly. It's actually insulting. So much for my rant...have an outrageous week and if you happen to be lucky enough to be in Chicago, we'll refill the ice tea for free:-)

No comments: