Friday, November 5, 2010

Shoe Be Doo Story

I have an annual Shoe-per Bowl party in February but to augment my penchant for shoes I just had a Design-Your-Own-Shoes party with 30 fabulous women. Thanks to pal Merit Gest (now in Denver, formerly of Chicago) who knows, as you all do, my love of shoes. She sent me an article from the Business Journal about Kate Friedman’s Atelier Shoes parties. Being the proactive gal I am, I immediately called Kate and she flew in for my event. When you get a bunch of savvy, great looking, smart females together for networking, food and shoes you get quite the energy buzz. So much so that my male neighbor came crashing in, lol.
Naturally we had a Halloween theme as it was that weekend and I made trick or treat goodie bags for the gals to take home filled with a ghost shaped bath gel and some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I served lots of wines and Prosecco, candied apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - like S’mores, Snickers, English Toffee, all devoured by my guests. Gal pals also loved the fabulous mini cupcakes from Flirty Cupcakes (at the intersection of ooh and aah). We mixed, we mingled, we shared, we shopped, we ate and a good time was had by all.
As I always ask my Vistage members, "And what did you learn from this experience?”
I learned not to have a party that ends at 1AM when you have to get up the next day at 5AM for a flight to NYC.
For those of you who want to custom design and order your own shoes, or have your own shoe party, go to Kate’s website, put in the code mikki and order away (no, that does not mean I am buying them for you). And for you men who read this column (and I know you do) what a unique and great gift certificate for the holidays.

No comments: