Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hair Apparent

Hair Discrimination

You've heard about age, gender, religious discrimination but what about hair discrimination? Now, I've lived with this my whole life and it never ceases to amaze me that people can make judgments about you based on that.

I remember when my son was in his teens, had long hair (beautiful, I may add) because he was a singer, it was the style, yet he had a hard time getting jobs as people assumed because of his long hair, he was a druggie or a hippie or something ridiculous. Hair discrimination! I've always had "big" hair and people therefore assume all kinds of things about me...ha, you're thinking of some right now:-)

Blonde jokes, big hair, long hair, none of which define the person, only the person with the judgment.

No comments: