Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Show Must Go On!

Picture you're sick with a really bad cold or maybe it's the flu. Now picture getting on an airplane with that congested head. Now picture getting up and giving a three hour speech every day for a week from NY to DC to NJ to WI to RI to TX to IL. Welcome to the week that was...in my life. I'm actually still in it but Sudafed, Nyquil, Benadryl, Ibuprofen, Vitamin C, Emergen C, Airborne, Alka Seltzer Cold and a few other OTC remedies have been my trusted traveling companions...ah my glamourous life.

On retreat with my executive group this past weekend, the speaker asked us each one thing we were appreciative of, other than family. I said, "I'm appreciative of the blessings of my career that allow me to travel to fabulous places, reconnect with old friends, inspire audiences, stay in luxurious accommodations and create memories"...when I'm healthy:-)

No comments: