Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

You all know I'm an "experience junkie" and proud of it:-) Can't believe this was only my first time in Big Sur, CA. WOW! The ride up to my hotel which was a mega-wow itself was awesome and frightening (check the link, that was my room in the second picture, not too shabby, ay?) http://www.ventanainn.com Winding road, not a lot of embankment to the cliffs and ocean below as we went up and up, I was in awe and OK, a little white knuckling. The last time I experienced that was the ride up to Breckenridge in CO and up to Santorini in Greece.

Big Sur, California | Mikki Williams Blog
Big Sur, CA
I have been awestruck by scenery before that brought me to tears like the first time I stood and gazed up at the Canadian Rockies. This was also magnificent. Nature has a way of utterly leaving me breathless and longing to see more and more of our world's wonders.

I did seven cities in seven days this week while having a horrendous cold but I still can't help feeling blessed by the places I go, the people I meet and the experiences I have and yes, the air travel sucks but I'm a glass full kinda' gal and would rather focus on the first part.

What are you thankful for today? What do you feel blessed with in good fortune beyond money?
What takes your breath away and leaves you awestruck?

-Mikki

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mikki,

I am thankful and blessed to have a wonderful family. As you well know things happen for a reason. My weekend with Jen and you in that setting was perfect! Enjoy your down week and don't forget the saran wrap before you leave! ;-) Thanks for brightening our lives...
Jason