Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mental Health Week

How often do you take those? I define "mental health" week as time just for you to recalibrate, rejuvenate, rejoice, redo, reflect, or whatever "re" you want to do. We all need them, we all define them differently but it's definitely needed. In an era where time seems to be accelerating at a pace faster than we can keep up, it's important to slow down. I work with type A executives (OK, OK, you're thinking, hey look in the mirror, gal) but it does remind me to practice what I preach. So yes, I do work hard, travel is not always glamorous but I do enjoy my down time, whatever it looks like. For me, it's reading, cooking, dancing, exercising, lying in the sun, shopping, hanging with friends, learning something new. What's on your mental health calendar this week?

No comments: