Sunday, August 9, 2009

City Chick/Country Gal?

I am a city chick! Every once in awhile that declaration gets challenged...but in a good way. Born and raised in NYC, did the family thing in chi chi Westport, CT, third quarter of life, back to being a city chick in the all time best city of Chicago, (I am THE poster child) and now acquired a second home in Naples, FL. What does all that mean? I could be corny and say, "home is where the heart is" but what I really mean in my continual quest for quality of life, there is beauty and joy everywhere.

I just spoke in Breckinridge, Colorado, 9000 ft up and yes, I was gasping for air, thankfully not during my speech. I was lightheaded, queasy and headachy for that first night but magically the drop dead views snapped me out of it. I spoke for an executive retreat (they were all going to climb to 14,000 feet the next day and celebrate the lives of two of their brethren who are facing terminal illnesses by photographing banners in their honor at the peak.) What a feat, what an honor, what an inspiration.

It only serves to reaffirm my belief and to quote myself (which we know I love to do)..there is inspiration all around us...in the people we meet, nature, music, we just have to stay aware... to smell those proverbial roses. Start sniffin'

No comments: