Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Days of Wine and...Chocolate

I spoke at Hershey this week. I checked in and was offered a choice of milk or dark, I chose the dark. I got to my room and there were Kisses everywhere, the chocolate kind! I spoke the next day then treated myself to a chocolate facial and no, I did not try to lick my face...altho' the thought did occur to me:-) And if that wasn't enough, the client invited me to partake of a wine and chocolate tasting. My insulin must be screaming by now. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't drink, especially wine (may indulge in the oh so chi chi girlie martini once in awhile). And there I was, drinking Llama Old Vine Malbec with Milk Chocolate Praline Truffle Tart. Followed by Chocolate Box Shiraz with Scharffen Berger Extra Dark(didn't know Hershey made that), did you? Yummy, here comes my favorite, Cullari Coco Nostra (it was a wine with a hint of chocolate) but we still had it with Dark Chocolate Decadence Torte.

By now, I am silly with wine and high on chocolate but managed to try the Rancho Zabaco Single Vineyard Zinfandel. Oh why, oh why, couldn't it be the cheap white zin' that I love so much and my son reprimands me not to order in a restaurant and embarrass him, lol. That red is accompanied by an assortment of Hershey's Bliss Favorites. Four down (and me) and one to go...Ah, one of my all time favorites, Neirano Moscato d'Asti (shows you how sophisticated my wine taste buds are). Washed that baby down with some white chocolate cheesecake. Flew there as a passenger, came home as cargo.

No comments: