Monday, August 9, 2010

An Experience List

An 'Experience List' is all about the experiences you want to have while living life to the fullest!

Have I ever told you about my “experience list” and why you should have that over a bucket list? A bucket list...now really, how negative is that? Things to do before you die. An experience list is things you want to experience while being fully alive.

I started mine way back in the 70s and some of the things I’ve checked off of it are driving at the Indy 500, safari in Africa, Oktoberfest in Munich, cocktails at the Hemingway Bar at The Ritz in Paris, drinking a Guinness while singing at an Irish pub in Dublin, cavorting naked in a Baden Baden German spa (TMI?), dancing in a Greek Taverna...

Do you get the picture? It’s not just about traveling somewhere, it’s about the experiences you Mikki Williams in Yellow Corvette at Indy 500want to have. Some that are still left on my list include tango in Argentina, ride the Orient Express, have a Mint Julep in Millionaire’s Row at the Kentucky Derby, hear Bocelli sing in Tuscany, and the list goes on. BTW, if you can help me achieve any of those, well, have at it. I would be humbled and delighted. As I tell my audiences, dream big and put it out there and one day someone will come up to you like Courtney Cole in Indianapolis who offered to make my Indy dream come true. And she did! I got to drive this beautiful Corvette!

That's why I live by the motto, Carpe Diem! Be outrageous, it's the only place that isn't crowded!

No comments: