Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is Why I Do What I Do

What I do is grand; meeting people, traveling to wonderful (sometimes less than wonderful!) places, wearing fabulous clothes, jewelry and shoes (!) and of course, being the center of attention! But here's the best part of what I do. Read this wonderful letter that just makes me kvell! Thank you, Matt.
Mikki,
In December of 2007 I had the pleasure of being a part of your presentation with my past Vistage group.
At the time of your inspiration I was going through a difficult time with the family business and personal life issues. You challenged us to live our lives with intention and meaning, after that day I began to do just that.
When I left the meeting I pursued the 15 credits remaining in my Psychology degree and graduated from Marquette in the spring of 2008.
While finishing my degree I decided to pursue my dream of running my own business in an area that I love. On March 31st 2008, I left the family business with my wife and two kids and moved to Denver, Colorado.
Since the move my wife and I started BHAG Enterprises and bought our first company Pizza Supply. We have also started a non profit company called Flour for Families. Flour for families donates flour for every pizza box we sell. This year we have donated over 600 5lb bags of flour through a local food bank.
My wife also pursued her dream of becoming a photographer and has done so successfully with Jaime Rowe Photography.
It has now been over two years since that incredible experience of seeing you.
I wanted to thank you for all that you do and for the push I needed to start living my life with intention.
You are never far from my thoughts and whenever times get tough I think back to that day.
Wishing you all the best life has to offer.
Matt
Pizza Supply
Custom Pizza Boxes Delivered to Your Shelf
3133 West Hampden Ave
Sheridan, Colorado 80110
303-442-7478
www.pizzasupplyco.com

1 comment:

Matt Rowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.