Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Calgary, Canada ay? Where it's 17 below...

From the balmy Hawaii to the frigid Calgary, what a fab' life I lead! Up here all week speaking four times all over Western Canada. I haven't been here in about 15 years and it brings back one memory in particular that is high on my memory scale. People often ask me, knowing that I've travel the world, "what are your favorite places?" I always say, Santorini in Greece, Sydney, Australia, Paris (and of course I have added Monte Carlo since the birthday bash this summer) and always Banff and Lake Louise outside of Calgary.

There are two times in my life that I cried over scenery, this was one. Picture this. My then beau, Dutch and I stayed at Chateau Fairmont in Lake Louise. We got up one morning so he could teach me how to cross country ski. We went out on the lake, fresh snow, not a footprint on it except for the ones we made. In front of us, surrounded by the majestic Canadian Rockies on three sides and the Chateau in the background, it was like living in a postcard. I remember falling and dragging Dutch down with me and there we were, laughing so hard yet overcome by the beauty and romance of the moment. Later we built a snowman at night, then took a horse and buggy ride on the frozen lake. It was magical. So I am here reliving wonderful memories and as always so enjoying my Canadian friend and clients. Ay!!!

Oh yes, the really big news...I got the FL condo, found out last night, hooray!!!

No comments: