Thursday, December 4, 2008

BUY-Coastal

I did it! I bought my second home, well almost. I found it, now I just have to go through the real estate/bank dance. I always wanted to have the proverbial "winter getaway" not that I don't get away enough to warm wonderful places, courtesy of my work but...this is different. I never thought it would be FL, it had too much of a stereotype for me on so many levels...Boca...NY Jews (hey I'm one of them so I'm not being slanderous, South Beach, too hip, Naples, broken hips...well it's just not so. I got to know my new home area last year when my ex, Beau Joe as I referred to him, took me to his home there, when my friends Sherri, Shari and Linda all invited me to their homes, when my CEO group went to the Grande Naples on retreat, I got to love this vibrant, beautiful upscale part of Southwest Florida, rumors put to rest.

So when the market tanked, the economy slumped, I said to myself, "self, why don't you buy real estate at a time and place most affordable and sure to appreciate quicker than all the money lost this year in all my retirement accounts, arrrrrrrrrrgh. It was exactly the impetus I needed to get me to do what I had been thinking about for so long.I am knee deep this week in contracts, offers, jargon, people and actions. Stay tuned.

No comments: