Sunday, November 13, 2011

A whale of a story! | Video

A Whale of a story, enjoy!

Most of you know that I am an experience junkie with an experience list not a bucket list. This wasn't on my list, so I added it then checked it off. Last week I had the pleasure of speaking for Kurt Harrington's Something Fishy company, out of Providence, RI. Kurt has become a dear friend over the years so unbeknownst to me, he wanted to give me a special surprise after my presentation. And so, I had private time with Juno, a 1300 lb. Beluga Whale who may grow to 2000 lbs (and no, has nothing to do with caviar as I thought:-)
Not only did I get to pet Juno on his blubbery head to feel it jiggle, I got to pat Juno's tongue (which he loves) after his trainer threw a fish in. He is the youngest whale at Mystic Aquarium in CT, about 12 Feet long and light gray in color and just adorable. So smart as I watched him move to just the hand signals of his trainer, listen to the many sounds he can make and take many pics, which I'll share in next month's ezine. Juno was born at Marineland of Canada in Niagara Falls, Ontario then transferred to SeaWorld in 2006 and is currently on a breeding loan (I won't go there:-)

No comments: