Monday, August 15, 2011

My Psychic Rewards of Speaking

The benefits of professional speaking There are so many benefits to what I do, here is one

There are so many rewards for what I do, I can't even count them, and I'm so grateful and humbled to have had the success that I've had. But the very best reward for me is touching people and making a difference in their lives. Recently, right before my National Speakers Association Convention, I received this email from a woman I met ten years ago in New Zealand and it brought a tear to my eye. You'll see why...

Hi Mikki - you most likely won't remember me - but when I see you next week in Anaheim, I'm going to want to at least say hi, shake your hand, and if allowed, give you a hug of THANKS! I met you about 10 years ago in Hamilton NZ where you spoke about when you were a young widow with a baby - you shared your story so beautifully (finally - someone who knew what it was like!). You gave me hope about getting through my own nightmare of being a 34 year old widow with young baby, etc. Then you pointed me in the right direction about registering with Coach U - I did that and graduated nearly 3 years later - you also somehow connected me up with Susan Roane who was here the following year and started me on the way to joining the NSA, being 'Fripped' for the first time, and then becoming a speaker and author.... now - look at me, I'm the Chief Editor of the GSF, past national president of NSANZ, successful author, publisher, coach and creative director for numerous other speakers around the world, and... it all really did start back with you. So - when I checked the attendance list just now, I noticed your name and said 'Yay'... and wanted to give you a quick heads up that I'm really looking forward to meeting you again after such an incredible journey since last time. Cheers,
Maria Carlton
Chief Editor - Global Speakers Federation
www.globalspeakers.net
Advancing the professional speaking community worldwide

No comments: