Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Girl and The Goat


OK, OK, so it's the hottest restaurant in Chicago, so the chef won some cooking show, so it takes forever to get a reservation so......being the foodie I am, I just had to go. They had me at the menu...but not in a good way. I think I became a vegetarian that night. I do not want to see a menu that is divided into sections that say, appetizers, breads, animals. Animals, yikes!

If that wasn't disheartening enough, the menu items consisted goat balls, pig face wrapped in tongue...had enough. I did! My friend and I left skid marks and had a stomach ache the next day for the little we did consume...smoked duck stuffed shrimp, trust me, we struggled to find something that didn't make us gag.

The irony of it all was coming back from a weekend trip to the largest working ranch in the country and falling in love with a pygmie goat named Li'l Murph. You heard the song, "I kissed a girl"? Well, I kissed a goat!

No comments: