Monday, September 6, 2010

Best Buy or Worst Buy

Went to Best Buy to buy my 3rd TV from them this year AND I am a "premium silver" member...remember those two facts before I begin my rant. I had to buy a console to put the TV on, it cost $239.00 and they want to charge me $130.00 to put it together, what's wrong with this picture? I came home and called customer service to find out just what value being a "premium member" was. All I got was, "I will make a note of your dissatisfaction in the file" and the all time worst line to say to an upset customer, "it's our policy".

As someone who teaches customer service, customer experience and customer retention, I was appalled at their lack of responsiveness or empathy for my frustration. Well, being the optimist that I am, at least I have another customer service story for my speech...a really bad example, take that, Best ha Buy!

No comments: