Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chivalry is Not Dead!

Chivalry is alive and well thanks to the US Army!

I had the pleasure of meeting 2 Star Major General Vinny Boles this summer through a referral. Since then he has become my friend, my mentee, my peer and my inspiration. If it's the Army that produces nice, warm, welcoming, polite, chivalrous men like that, then everyone should sign up at birth.

Chivalry is Not dead | Mikki Williams blog

I can't remember when I have experienced such manners, of the ol' fashioned kind, like opening doors, pulling out a seat AND waiting to push it in, standing when you come back to the table, walking on the outside of the street...and I'm sure if there was a puddle, he'd be laying his jacket over it for me to walk across.

Maybe it's because I'm a July 4th baby that I'm so patriotic towards Vinny, maybe it's simply nice to know that chivalry is not dead. Whatever it is, I'm all for it. Go Army!!!

~ Mikki (Be outrageous!)

No comments: