Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rules Schmules...

OK so I am not known for my conservative approach to dressing nor anything in design of any sort but...I don't understand when someone says, "oooo a red kitchen, I wish I could have a red kitchen..." or "wow, you look great in those big earrings, I wish I could wear big earrings..." Well, why not? Is it a self confidence issue, is it a flair you must possess, is it a mindset, is it a rule, is it a mantra, what the heck is it that keeps people wishing instead of doing?

Rules like... don't wear white after Labor Day, who created that and why? Don't pair plaid with stripes...now realllllllly!!! Yet most people would rather drink milk after the expiration date then try an outrageous act of design in their dress or in their home or office decor. So I leave you, dear readers, with MY mantra..."be outrageous, it's the only place that isn't crowded.

No comments: