Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friends, Fun and Frivolity!

Oops, I missed last week, so sorry,that's what happens when you are living life so fully that you lose a calendar day. Ah but this week was different. Spoke in Rochester, NY then flew to NYC, was picked up by my college roomie and another long time friend and off we drove to the Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island) to stay at the home of other college buddy. A four day female frolic (her husband left for the weekend, wouldn't you?) Four days of sun, chatter, laughter, ice cream, steamers, long walks...so good for the soul:-)

As a professional speaker specializing in life balance and quality of life issues, I try to practice what I preach. Yes, I work hard but I make room in my life for the important things as well...friends! Coaching so many executives, I find one of the most obvious missing items are scheduled time with friends, be it a fishing or golf trip or a gal pal weekend. As someone with a very small family, I have always valued friendships more than most. I believe you need to nurture them, just like a plant so they'll live, flourish and endure. We've already scheduled our next time together in Oct. how do you prioritize your friendships?

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
~ Walter Winchell

No comments: