Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Surfers to Divas

What a weekend! I was speaking in Huntington Beach, CA and who knew...it was the US Open in World Championship Surfing. At first when we checked into our hotel we couldn't understand why the shower was so long and the sink area so small. Duh! It had to fit the surfboards. It was a weekend display of boards, boobs (both types), tattoos, booze and boogeyin'.

If that wasn't enough, I came home to an invite from my friend to post celebrate my birthday at a Diva Brunch at a little place called The Spot in Chicago. Yes, complete with drag queens, lots of boas and sequins (my kinda place:-) and a cabaret show and waffles topped with a cotton candy wig topped with a rhinestone tiara.

Well, as I always say, it's about getting off your "Someday Isle" and creating experiences. Now go and make that list and start checking it off.

No comments: