Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hot, Humid and Happy

Greetings from my new digs in southwest Florida. I have been here four times, once in Dec. to find it, once to close on it in Jan., once to turbo shop for a weekend, once to turbo decorate for another weekend and now to enjoy the fruits of that labor for an ENTIRE week. No, I am not lying in the sun at the beach, no, I am not drinking pina coladas by the pool. I am working in the air conditioned comfort of my beautiful new home that makes me oh so happy, shopping for the most mundane items like can opener, flashlight, glasses, dishes... I haven't shopped for a new home like this since my first one in my 20's where you need everything and everything is new. I'm liking it:-)

To say it's off season would be an understatement and between that and the economy, I feel like I am in a ghost town. I don't mind it, in fact I recommend everyone take a week by themselves to regroup, to clear your mind, body and soul, to take delight in the little things, to think of all you are grateful for, to catch up to yourself, to plan, set new goals, to eat healthy and exercise and walk and listen to music and read and...

And yes, I am doing all these things. Carpe joy!

No comments: