Sunday, February 8, 2009

Don't Pass the Mayo

The Mayo Clinic, that is... I had the extreme pleasure to experience this world class institution, the "mother ship" as they would call it, in Rochester, Minnesota this past week. Now one might think being the astute woman I pride myself being that given the Chicago winter, I might have chosen the one in AZ or FL. I wanted to experience "the best". Before you all panic, I went to have an executive physical, something I recommend everyone consider at some point in their life.

What an amazing place! From the magnificence of it's vastness, to the classical pianist in the lobby, accompanied by various singers who happen to stop in, to the first class medical practitioners, the innovative technology, and the people, who truly uphold the reputation of "Minnesota Nice".

It is so big, think, college or university and coincidentally, I got a schedule printout just like you would at school, telling me where to be and when. Despite the magnitude of the place, you couldn't get lost if you wanted to, there are enough signs and designated people every two feet. In today's vernacular, "they've got it down".

Doctors who actually take all the time in the world with you, doctors who literally explain every single thing to you, doctors so nice you want them all to be your friend, doctors so real, so attentive, so caring, doctors so smart you are in awe of their brilliance which truly shines through their simplest conversation.

I am a new and eternal fan and don't know how I will ever be satisfied with any less than what I experienced ever again.

Don't pass the Mayo!!!

No comments: