Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mexican Madness

I no sooner got back from Tahiti, Mayo Clinic, New Orleans, I was on a plane to Cancun, Mexico with my Vistage group and spouses…26 of us! We stayed at Paradisius Resort which was spectacular but the service was not. Who cares when you’re with 25 fun people who you adore. We all had a fabulous time,in the sun, drinking, at the beach, drinking, eating, drinking, meeting, drinking,,,yes, my gang they love their booze…and it was all inclusive☺ The resort must have lost money this weekend.

Most of us arrived Thursday, some earlier, some stayed longer. We hung out at the pool or beach by day, interspersed with spa visits, some snorkeling, reading, lots of cigar smoking, no not me. At night we had dinner in the various restaurants, L’Hermitage one night for French cuisine and Capri the other night for our Italian fix.

Held the regular meeting on Sat. morning with our guest speaker, Harvey Goldberg from DC, speaking on finding everyone’s trigger words and how to recover in business and relationships. Harvey partied with us all weekend and that was so much fun as we have been friends for years and he is also a Chair. The spouses left after the speaker at noon and then I conducted a short version of our regular meeting with just the CEO’s. Not only do I have THE best members but they have the most awesome spouses. And with no turnover in years, they all know each other quite well which makes it all the more fun.

I had a fantastic room overlooking the Caribbean with a Jacuzzi on my deck. That’s all you get on that one☺ I am on the plane headed home and home I will be for a whole week, hooray... to run my Key meeting and my Speakers School. See y' next Sunday, that's my new MO, each Sunday night so you'll know when to catch it and I'll know when to write it. Stay tuned!

No comments: