Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name...

I love the term "badinage" and was told early on that it was the playful banter men sling at each other. Then I thought of all the nicknames I have given to my friends over the years.

First, there's Petal, my best bud' in CT when we cruised in the 80's the hostess from Britain used to say, "Good Mornin', Petal" are we off to the loo? The name stuck:-) Then there's my best bud', Kate who I affectionately call "Squeab" as she used to refer to things as squeab squabs. She has since changed her name to Kat so now affectionately known as SqueabKat. There's my friend, Debbie aka Swof for sun whore, only friend (I'll let you figure that one out:-) Let's not forget Soog, who is a human google, hence soogle, shortened to Soog. And my BFF (that would be best friend forever) who I simply call (Biff). If that wasn't enough, are you nauseous or dizzy yet, I love titles as much as I love names hence "My Sam" Director of Everything and boy, does she garner compliments on her title. So what's the point of this verbosity...absolutely none. Then why did I write it...because I can:-)

No comments: