Sunday, May 3, 2009

Too Many Cogs...

I've been in Florida at my "snowbird" home for the past week, enhancing their economy by turbo shopping to decorate my condo in one fell swoop (what is a "fell swoop" anyway?)As someone who speaks and trains on customer service, let me tell you that I got enough material to last a lifetime. I experienced customer service? YES, that was meant to be a ?...the good, the bad and the ugly. Too many "cogs"s in the company wheel, not enough empowerment..., Nordstorm, please train the world on how easy it is to please the customer. This is not brain surgery but when the salesgirl at Panera Bread (a place I really love... or loved) tells me after I ask for less ice in my iced tea, and she utters "but I have to use the scoop...) OMG, I know, I know, they want us to drink less tea but talk about a cog'. Or when calling to speak to an executive at Z Gallerie (another store I love..., or loved) and the phone attendant says, " My job is to direct you to customer service, the CEO doesn't speak to anyone" is the incredulous reply I received....OMG, another cog!! What ever happened to the "customer is always right and if the customer is wrong, go back and read rule #1 (thank you, Stew Leonard)

No comments: