Thursday, December 1, 2011

ZAPATOS, ZAPATOS, ZAPATOS IN ARGENTINA!

Shoes,shoes,shoes...we are in shoe heaven and you know how I love shoes. OK, I digress..it was a shopping day, starting with our typical non Argentinian breakfast and it was oh so cold today. Cold in that people were wearing winter jackets, a fluke of a day, the wind was so strong, I thought I was in Chicago.

The goal of the day was "leather". Armed and dangerous, I had gathered a list of the best places to visit. I do a lot of research before I go on my international trips as to restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. I enjoy the planning, the tips from friends and strangers that I gather all year. At first we were disappointed but then, but then, but then...the last store was IT! A fur coat and leather jacket for us both. No guilt, we both worked our butts off this year. On the way back, we found so many great stores, I did all my holiday shopping here.

We had some "tourist" things planned but shopping got the best of us so we will cram it all in tomorrow. We took a lunch break at our favorite neighborhood restaurant, Clunys then back to the mall to exchange more money, the only place to do it. Back in time for our last private tango lesson, just can't seem to fit it all in. Goes back to that first week again which was all lost time, oh well, we'll just have to come back:-) I reiterate, the Argentine tango is the most difficult, most beautiful, most sensual dance I have ever tried to master...and I will. Got great new tango shoes to go home with to continue with lesson and milonga's (where they dance the tango) and practica's (where they practice the tango).

We were exhausted, we walked 10 miles today (wear my pedometer so I know). Went back to Clunys for dinner then treated ourselves to our last Freddo (oh the ice cream is as magnificent and the shoes, shopping, weather, people...

And to all a good night!

Hasta la Vista (sounds very arnold doesn't it?)

No comments: