Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bio and picture of each fabulous female...

Here's a little bio and pic of each fabulous female who was part of the entourage. They ranged from 40-60+ years of age, from all walks of life, from all geographic locales, single, married, divorced, all successful working women, all fiercely independent, all with a sense of adventure and lust for life and all my most special friends with whom I was proud and happy to have shared this once-in-a-lifetime trip, birthday and memory-making experience together.

The Adventurers…meet my special friends (in alphabetical order):



The Birthday Gal…45? 50? 55? 60? 65? 70?
Age is just a number and I’m unlisted, baby.





Pam Ausley from DC, divorced mother of three, granny to two. I met Pam back in the 90’s when I owned my natural health company, Six Degrees of Wellness. She has since gone on to have a very successful Feng Shui company in addition to her organizing clients. Pam is one of the happiest, most spiritual, loving gals you ever hope to meet. Pam celebrated her milestone birthday on July 5th in Cannes!






Anna Belyaev is an extraordinary fearless female, fabulous friend (you all know how I love alliteration) and a cherished Vistage member. She is one of the founding members of my Vistage CEO group and just the smartest, sharpest gal you ever want to hang with, especially on the French Riviera:-) She is the founder and CEO of Type A Learning Agency, a recognized global leader in her field of leveraging technology and learning to make a difference.





Pam Cosmi from Detroit I met at a fitness convention in the UK when she fixed my broken nail and found out we both loved to cook. A few months later we were off to the Costa del Sol in Spain and then to Refugio de Vila, a Portugese cooking school. We have since been to Greece, Belize and on assorted mini trips. Pam has two kids, a hubby, still teaches fitness and I call her Pamela Anderson and yes, she is a knockout.








Jan Dastur from Chicago is married to one of my Vistage members. I met Jan and her husband Dave in 2002 while sitting next to them on a plane returning home from one of my cruises and by the time we got off, he was "mine." :-) Dave is a senior partner with the oldest architecture firm in Chicago, Jensen and Halstead. Jan was in the insurance industry for 18 years, but took a buyout 2 years ago. She has been enjoying time off and working independently while deciding what to pursue next.






Catherine Davidson from VA is married, the mother of two teenage girls and has three dogs. She is a realtor who in her first year made the Million Dollar Club. She loves yoga, walking, cycling, gardening and going out with her girlfriends! Catherine is high energy, vivacious and so much fun, fun, fun to be with and my newest friend of less than a year.




Sharon Greco from Long Island has been my friend forever. My college roommate and my lifelong friend, who lives with her husband, Tony, has three sons who are all married with kids and each year her holiday card gets longer and longer with the family photo of more grandkids than I can count. This was Sharon’s first trip out of the country.






Ellen Hefter (akaTweeny) from New Jersey, also a college buddy who taught speech therapy in the school system and has since retired. She lives with her husband, Arie from Israel, a talented cameraman and their son has become a famous sommelier in Vegas.







Karen Kennedy from Chicago is my neighbor extraordinaire who has become a really good friend and looks like an adorable Kewpie Doll (some of you are too young to know what that is). She was only three floors down but since moved..boo hoo. She is my constant movie buddy, world traveler, a gal who loves the finer things in life (like moi!) and is a very successful salon owner. Her salon is in the Sears Tower so she works with men all day…lucky gal!




Chris Leach from Wales in the UK owns a financial services agency
there. We met in the early 90’s at an insurance industry convention, The Million Dollar Round Table and later bonded in a jeep in the Israeli desert. She cruises with me yearly and this past Fall, we did Prague together. She is yet another of my shy unassuming female friends.






Vicki Thomas from Weston, CT has been my friend for X%$@*# years. We have shared office space, dog walks, memberships, diets and business savvy. Ask about the photos on our opposite walls. She is one of the smartest gals on the planet, with more businesses than I can count, well maybe as many as me. She is one the most preeminent authorities on senior marketing in the country and proud to say I nominated her to be a Vistage Chair and it’s her new role which she is succeeding at brilliantly.



Tamilee Webb, aka Buns of Steel, the very famous video queen. She has been my friend since the 1980s when we met in the fitness business. We have seen each other through marriages, divorces, relationships, laughter, tears, shopping, travel to exotic places and visits to both coasts. She is gorgeous, smart, successful and if she wasn’t my friend and the sweetest person on earth, I would hate her!

No comments: