Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stamp Collecting...hardly!

Some people collect stamps, plates, butterflies, coins, I collect people. "My Sam" (for those of you living under a rock and don't know that's my affectionate name for Samantha, my Director of Everything since the day we started working together over five years ago:-)well, she nailed it years ago when she coined that and I am officially affirming it. I especially collect amazing, smart, interesting women. I love my gal pals! I throw party after party, arrange events, keep an industrial size "rolodex", hey the word still applies and stay in touch with more people in a week then most people do in a year. I do love people, all ages, shapes, sizes, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religious affiliations et al.

I believe every person you meet enhances your life in some respect, I just honor the uniqueness in everyone. Call me Auntie Mame (for you young 'un's, google her). It was a Broadway play and a movie about the antics of a very free spirited woman whose infamous parties were a potpourri of people, beyond eclectic or as my son might say, "eccentric, Mom, eccentric". I particularly love putting people together, I was a networker before the term was invented. I get great pleasure out of introducing people together and voila some exciting connection has evolved into a business collaboration, a new friendship, maybe even a date. Try it some time, you might like it.

No comments: